Taking Turkey to the Tips
Around this time of year our nail designs shift from “whatever I feel like” to “these say celebration”. No matter where you live, there is a holiday worth dolling up your nails for, and this week is Thanksgiving. We can’t express enough how thankful we are for family, friends, our fans, and of course, lacquer!
So to give back to our fans we’ve got a quick tutorial on how to create Thanksgiving-inspired nails that you can show off while eating your turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie. Below is the step-by-step on our easy DIY Turkey Nails.
1. Before you start your Turkey Nail design, prep your nails and make sure to apply Nicole Base Coat. Base Coat is always important to help your manicure last and to prevent staining from the various lacquers on your nail.
2. Polish each nail in a different fall hue. We chose reds, oranges, purples, and browns to use on each finger to keep with an autumn look and to create the ‘feathers’ of our turkey hand nails. Make sure to polish a taupe like "My Empire, My Rules" on the thumb to create the turkey head.
3. Then, using a hole reinforcement sticker. create a half moon mani by polishing a light blue like "Baby Blue" on the tip of your thumb. This will be the sky behind the turkey.
4. After removing the hole reinforcement sticker add a dab of white lacquer with the bottle's brush to create the eye. For a slightly twinkling eye use "It's All About The Glam".
4. While the white of the eye dries, use a toothpick and create a triangle for the turkey beak with a yellow lacquer like "One Voice".
5. Last, add the details with a toothpick-a red wattle using "Kourt is Red-y for a Pedi" and a tiny dot for the pupil of the eye with "Razzle Dazzler".
Don't forget to finish off your Turkey Nails with Nicole by OPI Top Coat for a long-lasting Thanksgiving manicure.